[at-l] All You Need in Your First Aid Kit

At 11:35 AM 8/30/2005 -0400, Sly wrote:

>How about reading some more concerns of the NPS retirees, retired guy.
>
>http://www.npsretirees.org/index.htm

Great link, Sly.  Thank you.

Maybe we could talk about some of the lessons
to be learned from Katrina.

TIME magazine finally has the gumption to ask
(in today's headline) "Is Global Warming Fueling
Katrina."  They don't say one way or another but
it's about time it got some serious attention from
the "mainstream media"  (quoting actual scientists
instead of Exxon/Mobil flacks and hacks.)

Oil prices will take another hit.  Gulf oil is 25%
of US production and 90% of it is shut down.
Pat Robertson sez we ought to "take out" Hugo
Chavez.  Think there's a connection to
Venezuelan oil?  Just maybe?  Nah.

Oh and then there's the whole notion that we
can engineer a river like the Mississippi and
thumb our noses at nature.  Maybe Katrina is
a wake-up call of sorts.  Ya think?

rafe b
aka terrapin