[at-l] Yes, I am fleeing for my life...

In a message dated 8/28/2005 3:18:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:
*
*
*
I'm afraid this is "The Big One" for New Orleans. 25 foot surge in the
city expected. This is a major disaster.
*
*
*

           Missed 20 miles or so east and saved city but was powerful enough
to break the Mississippi levee in the 9th Ward as I'm sure you already know.

        I don't know the particular elevation or position of Shane's house,
but from what I'm seeing there's a good chance it is half way up his first
story wall at minimum. Hope it can be saved.

            The flood situation in New Orleans is a developing disaster.

        I rode the coastal highway in Mississippi two years ago. I'm hearing
reports that every house along the landfall area coast was wiped clean. There
were people in some of those houses. Word of a 30 foot surge in those areas.
Bad reports of floating bodies in 9th Ward area downtown New Orleans. Rescuers
told reporters it was the least impacted place. Surge was progressively worse
as you went east towards the eye. Possibly worst weather event in US history.

      Only good side is downtown spared worst 25 foot surge scenario. Most
levees held...

*

*