[at-l] Yes, I am fleeing for my life...

I heard an ominous message from the mayor of New Orleans...

Take a good look around your city, the historical buildings and sites before you leave... they will not be here when you return.

John

RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

Came in to warn my philosophy debater friend. He won't see this, but
the way Katrina is tracking his house should see strong winds at minimum. I
think it will pass at least 30 miles east of his house, but this storm is so epic
it will still give him damage and surge.

We are very likely seeing the worst storm to ever hit the US. If it
hits New Orleans 10,000 dead is not unlikely. Maybe 25,000. FEMA says 40,000
possible.

I'm on a hurricane board. The experts are receiving reports of crazy
winds higher than Camille. Katrina is bigger than Camille so it should affect
Missisippi even if it hits New Orleans. Shane was smart to head west. A front
should keep Katrina from going any further west than New Orleans. Pressure now
902 millibars. Record was Hurricane Gilbert at 888.

I'm afraid this is "The Big One" for New Orleans. 25 foot surge in the
city expected. This is a major disaster.

I'm uncertain how it will affect the Appalachians.

Prayers from R'nR to all affected.