[at-l] 3 things hikers talk about

Thanks for noticing! Don't worry about giving me a big head, tho'...it has already achieved maximum density.
(Yes, I really AM that dense...)
-"Camo"

From: rafeb at speakeasy.net (Raphael Bustin)
Date: Sat Aug 27 08:07:14 2005
Subject: [at-l] Weakening conservation in National Parks...

 From today's New York Times:

"WASHINGTON, Aug. 25 - A high-ranking
appointee at the Interior Department proposed
fundamentally changing the way national parks
are managed, putting more emphasis on
recreational use and loosening protections
against overuse, noise and damage to the air,
water, wildlife or scenery. But a group of senior
National Park Service employees rejected
the proposal at a meeting this month.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/26/politics/26park.html>

This is just more of the same from BushCo.
They've never met a tree that wouldn't look
better to them on the back of a logging truck.

The official making the pronouncement is a
former aide to Dick Cheney. Surprise, surprise.

rafe b
aka terrapin