[at-l] Red Truck Green Truck, and Regis Shivers

### We also have Red Truck and Green Truck, GA->ME in the hot
year of '02, father and son house builders who drove one truck
forward, hiked back to it, and then slept for the night. The
active question was whether they went NOBO (as per their daily
mileage) or SOBO (as per their actual hiking direction).

### As well, in 2003, a great human being in one Regis Shivers
did roughly a marathon a day, did his 11th or 12th Mohican 100
in ~24 hours http://www.mohican100.org , and then returned to
the AT to continue to Katahdin, with the help of his wife, at a
goodly 62? years of age.

> From: Amy Skowronek <askowronek@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: [at-l] Section Hike Logistics
> On Aug 26, 2005, at 11:08 AM, David Hicks wrote:
>

> > Speaking of slackpacking, last year I met a couple who were
> day-hiking the entire AT, as best I remember only one other
person (couple?) has done it, to date.

> I met a fellow doing that this year.  His wife was following
> him in  an RV and meeting him at road crossings.  He was
moving pretty fast with a small pack.  I walked with him a while
when he was carrying a cup of coffee and presumably moving a
little slower.  (Else I woudln't have been able to keep up.  :)
I was impressed with his ability to not spill the coffee.  He
said it was because he'd been in the Navy.