[at-l] random thoughts from reading the latest digest or two . . .

>From Hummingbird: I also loved my New Balance 804s but never found another kind as good.  If anyone knows a newer and equally good replacement, let me know!

I have recently replaced my worn-out NB 804s with the Salomon XA COMP 2W.  They're orange-gray-silver, very jazzy, and I love them.  Very comfy.  The best part is the lacing system that isn't really laces at all and fasten with barrel locks.  Sooo nice!  Lots of toe room.  And they didn't cost an arm and a leg, just an arm.  I'm happy.  anklebear