[at-l] I-95 Question - Answered

Rafe,
    There are two roads that you could be referring to.

The first, as Sly stated would be the US-25 4-lane that is about 10 miles north of Hot Springs.

The second, would be at Sam's Gap on what is now I-26.  In the early 90s, it was known as US-19.  They built out the TN side up to Sam's Gap in the late 80s and early 90s and called it I-181 to Kingsport/Johnson City.   Last year, they opened the NC side and renamed it I-26.