[at-l] I was kind of surprised by this...

At 12:53 PM 8/23/2005 -0400, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/23/2005 6:09:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>infpeace@gmail.com writes:
>
>>Shane, just curious as to why you're surprised. I'm surprised the 'nature'
>>number wasn't higher!
>>Waterfall
>

>I'm surprised too, but maybe because many people spend so little time in
>"real" nature, well off the road, without a bunch of yapping tourons
>around to spoil things.
>
>Now, hiking a good lightening storm, all alone, above treeline, would make
>anyone a believer!
>
>Sly

I've been in thunder and lightening storms that were enough to inspire
belief without alone above treeline. All the same, standing in my garden in
the morning with dew on the flowers and mist over the open field next to my
house is enough for me. Some of us don't need the bejeesus scared out of us
to feel the presence of a higher power.