[at-l] I-95 crosses AT?

>Jan Leitschuh
>

>Refresh my memory... does the AT cross near, or even over/under I-95.
>Maybe somewhere near NJ/NY?
>Just trying to figure a good overnight camping spot should I decide to
>do the car trip up to The Gathering in October.
>In the past, I've gone west to go up I-81 which was very pretty, but
>takes me several hours west out of my way. Looking at a more direct
>route this trip.
>Any overnight suggestions? In the past I've camped at the 501 shelter
>in PA, the secret shelter in NJ, the Inn at Long Trail. Seems life the
>secret shelter is along the way, but I don't recollect how I got there.

Jan -
Walt Daniels is right.  We live near DC - and I don't usually use I-95 north
of Baltimore.  It's bad enough around DC - but then you've got Baltimore,
Wilmington, New Jersey - and New York.  And Connecticut.  And few, if any,
places to camp.  I figure  I-81 may be a little longer, but it saves us
several hours and a lot of frustration.  YMMV -
Walk softly (and avoid all that traffic),
Jim

PS - for Greg -   I-70 in Maryland is one of the places with a dedicated AT
bridge.

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/