[at-l] OT: batteries

The sales angle is that the "photo" batteries are customized for the
high, short duration output and long wait times, common to electronic
strobe units.

The reality is that any cheap battery will work in any appropriate
device.  With the note that some will be slightly more "efficient".

For alkaline batteries I shop by price, rechargeable by capacity then
price.  Lithium batteries are still just plain expensive, but given
their longer life, lighter weight, longer shelf life and better cold
weather performance, they can occasionally be justified.

So to paraphrase the Sargent, "If you got them, use them."

Bruce W.  (Black Wolfe)

Linda Patton wrote:

 > I have some AA PHOTO batteries in the drawer, and I'm wondering is I
can use them in headlamp, radio, pocketmailer and such.  Are they any
"stronger" or longer-lasting than regular AA's?