[at-l] Re: Why and Purpose

Raphael Bustin wrote:

> So when I got to Rte. 7 I asked myself,
> "why kill myself to hike in this heat?."  I can
> come back in the fall and finish this thing.

I did the same two years ago near route seven.
Stopped at a small restraint that had one room tiny cabins behind it
for the night insead of hiking my last night on the trial. My hiking
partners
dog was miserable the night before with the skeeter in his nose. I had a
good sleep screen to use but the poor dog ended up crying all night.
I was not worth hearing the dog miserable for just one more night of hiking.
My partner hiked on after I had to return home and use the sleep screen
for the dog.
It was a Golden Retriever who accepted that relief  and didn't destroy
the screen.
I wished I'd have been there to see the dog sleeping under my sleep screen.
Oh ya the airconditioner and shower  was wonder full too.
Rogene