[at-l] "Why" and "Purpose"

"Too curly for the straight life, and too straight for the wild life."

I've been trying to say exactly that for years but never got the words right.
"Curly!"

"Very few things that I've done in life have followed a simple, canonical,
linear path or path of least resistance.  My encounter with the AT is
consistent with that larger tradition."

Sounds about right.  I tend to put myself into "interesting" situations and
then wing it.  With varying results.

--- Raphael Bustin <rafeb@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> At 12:15 AM 8/20/2005 -0500, Shane wrote:
>
> >Maybe you just aren't enough of a nutjob.
>

> There's a lot of stuff I could have responded to
> in your post, Shane, but I thought I'd start with
> this one.
>
> I seem to find myself, again and again in life,
> between conflicting communities and internal
> struggles -- straddling some fence.  Too curly
> for the straight life, and too straight for the wild life.
>
> Very few things that I've done in life have
> followed a simple, canonical, linear path or
> path of least resistance.  My encounter with
> the AT is consistent with that larger tradition.
>
> For some reason, the trail has been much
> on my mind this summer, even if this year's
> section was slightly less than hoped for.
>

> rafe b
> aka terrapin
>

> --

JestBill  Ga--->Me '03