From: "Jim and/or Ginny Owen" <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: RE: [at-l] A Different Ethical Dilemma...

SNIP
Every hike doesn't have to be on the AT.  In fact, we determined long ago
that the AT is so overused that it doesn't need the impact of our boots
added to that of the other 5 or 6 million people who hike it every year.  So
for the last 13 years, we've been hiking trails that some of you have never
even heard about.  Many of them are a lot closer than any part of the AT.
Saves time, money, gas - and wear and tear on the AT.
SNIP
<<