[at-l] A Different Ethical Dilemma...

At 10:38 AM 8/18/2005 -0400, Jim O. wrote:

>Why do you have to hike on the AT?  There are certainly trails that are
>closer to home.  And I'd bet you haven't seen all of them yet.

You're quite right about that, unless one wants
real verticals.  We have lots of trails close to home,
but no real hills to speak of.

There's a certain grandeur to the AT and the Whites,
though I'm often just as happy (or happier) on blue trails.

The AT "owns" most of the highest ridges in that
neck of the woods, particularly if you want open
ridges and views.

Call me strange, but I feel closed in and claustrophobic
if I've been in the woods too long without a good view.

rafe b
aka terrapin