From: "AT r3dhead" <atr3dhead@gmail.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:26 AM
Subject: [at-l] Off topic but need a ride desperately

Well - I've about run out of options. I couldn't, for various reasons,
book this flight in advance. Now I find out that if I want to fly to
Las Vegas, or even Atlanta, I could do so for $200 or so, if not
cheaper.  But since I want to fly to TN - and I have to work Friday -
anything after 6am is about 800 plus - even if I fly into Knoxville
instead of Tri Cities in Johnson City.

My vague hope is that someone on the list who lives near Philly might
be willing to take a drive to Erwin Friday.  Make a few hundred bucks?
I'm willing to pay well to make sure I get there. Take care of all the
gas, pay you a few hundred.  I only have the four days off, and I
haven't seen Shannon since she left for Japan (been over a year)  -
let alone the 10 months she spent in Iraq and I only talked to her
twice. And I won't see her again for almost a year.  And my Marine is
pregnant with my first grandchild.  So . . .

Anyone out there close to here that has no plans for the weekend and
wants to make a few hundred dollars? I'll pay for all the gas, food
and add a few hundred.  I don't even mind hopping a Greyhound back and
spending 16 hours on it, long as I get back here in time for work Weds
morning. (and I have no hiking gear aboard - hehe, Chase)

Tomorrow I'm going to call every airline that flies out of Philly.
Shamelessly play on the fact that my young daughter was fighting for
our country in Fallujah for 10 months. Beg for some way to get a
discounted rate if I just show up Friday.  But.  I don't expect it to
help.

So before I don my pack and head out to the interstate to hitch hike -
because I am NOT going to NOT see her in the few short days she is
here in the USA - anyone feel like making some money and taking a road
trip?

Please email me or call me on my cell  - 610-357-1682 . . . I don't
care how long it takes, we can stop and leave coolers of water, sodas
and beer at the Trailheads on the way. I will even pay for the water,
sodas and beer.  And the coolers if I have to.  I just want to get
there.

I'm desperate now. I want to see my darlin' daughter for a few days.

Red