[at-l] "Long Distance Hiking" by Roland Mueser

One of my most treasured books on the AT.  We used to have endless
conversations here about his conclusions.  I loved how he wrote it,
and how he included so many opinions and people.

It did spark a lot of debates here - but whats new when you have such
a diverse crowd with so much experience hiking and yet such incredibly
different life experiences outside of hiking and so many paradigms
that preclude you from ever hearing what anyone else is saying?

I also liked his conclusions on a lot of issues - from "should I
filter" to so many issues, not just giving his opinion or the
statistics he found, but including the comments from others and how he
came to his conclusions.

Still one of my favorite reads, and always the one I pick up when I
run out of things to read.

Red