[at-l] "Pro-cell - dead thread for me - last post"

 RnR wrote:

        ***     I don't want to bore you, but when you're on the AT you'll
be passing over trail I personally built with backbreaking work and hundreds
of
hours of volunteer time.

Actually, trailbuilding is a cool subject!  Its also something that you can
do - and point to for the rest of your life.  Backbreaking or not, its
certainly worth it.

However, I've always wondered what people think when the trail is rerouted
around *their* part of the trail.  Can you envision taking your kids on a
hike and right at the point you want to show them the part that you helped
build, its rerouted!!!

That went through my mind last winter when I hiked up the reroute at Blood
Mtn in Georgia.  That was a *lot* of trail that literally got cut out and
covered up.

Charles