[at-l] On Global Warming

What I've read; humans have accelerated this warming beyond what they can see in soil samples, the history of earth. There is no doubt the earth temps go through natural changes, cyclically. But even if it were just the earth running it's natural course, our behavior does have an impact, we may not be able to stop it but we can either accelerate or decelerate it. One of the interesting theories that I've read is that the weather in the northeast might actually cool. As the ice melts and large rivers of fresh cold water pour into the northern atlantic it will disrupt the gulf stream and change ocean currents, without the warm water from the tropics flowing offshore the northeast will cool. The effect on the eco system in the Northern Atlantic will be catastrophic.
John

Martin Fors <revmrf@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi Gang,

Some thoughts and questions that may bring along comments: Has anyone on
this list done any research on the cycles of warm and cold over the eons?
Could it be that the acceleration of the present warming has more to do with
the natural cycle of things than some of us think? Do not the geologists
say that we are in a geological age warm cycle? How much are we humans to
blame for the acceleration as opposed to natural events [el-Nino, volcanic
ash, or other ocean currents?

Rusty, who's just back from the Massasauga Wilderness.