[at-l] Warning for sun exposure.....

I just wanted to remind everyone out there in hiking land to take along some sunscreen on their jaunts in the woods.  Make sure you
reapply after sweating, swimming, or etc.!

Yesterday my sis and I loaded up our girls and headed off to the lake for a reprieve from all of this heat.  When we got up there,
the girls helped their poor Mum get in a quick hiking fix around the lake.  The 3 mile loop is fairly flat and a beautiful stroll
for little over an hour.  I kept kicking myself because I had meant to bring along my new Katahdin pack that I wanted to get a few
miles on.  But, alas I had left it at home in my hurry to get to the mountains.   ***Note to self
.get that pack out there for a
real world trial!  (***Note to others?If you want to get one of these packs for yourself, then check out TinMan?s
www.antigravitygear.com <http://www.antigravitygear.com/>  .)

Didn?t see any bear this time, but there were bees aplenty.  With a quick check in my fanny pack, I realized I had left my Epi-pen
in the van.  The girls were immediately on bee-alert yelling at me constantly, ?Look out Momma, there?s one over there!?  Leastun
suggested that I bring along a fly swat to fend ?em off next time.  LOL

After our quick hike which appeased the inner demons somewhat, we raced the last bit back to the van to grab out bathing suits and
hurried into the bath house to change.  Low and behold there were even bees in there, too!  The very loud warnings from the younger
set of the troop continued.  LOL  With a slathering of sunblock off we raced to the beach.  For the next several hours we enjoyed
the cool mountain lake waters and rejuvenated ourselves playing on the beach.

The girls had started building a sand castle and my sis and I retreated on floats out to the deeper water.  What bliss to lay there
in the water basking in the sun.  It felt absolutely wonderful.  It was so wonderful, in fact, that I dozed intermittently until the
girls came back into the water.  At the end of the day, we regretfully packed up and headed home.  After dinner of foot long hotdogs
at the Tellico Beach we came home to the shock of the AC.

I had just stepped out of the shower when my hubby got home.  He laughed when he saw me.  While I started to take affront to this
insult to the sight of my nudity, he was quick to reassure me that this wasn?t it at all.  While I mumbled it?d be a cold day in
heck afore
.. well
.anyhow he was quick to interrupt my ranting and told me he?d laughed because I was as red as a lobster.
What?!?!  I never burn.  And, I had even worn sun block almost the entire day!  I ran back into the bathroom to check.  Sure enuf I
had burned mesef.

Now, I gotta tell ya that I have only been sunburned a couple of times in my life.  And, even then it wasn?t that bad at all?just a
slight pinkening that turned to brown by the next day.  So, typically, I only use a dry tanning oil with a little SPF, but with the
girls I use the ultra sport solution that goes on like a dry mist and stays on for several hours through swimming, sweating, and
playin? in sand.  Plus, I had checked them throughout the day and reapplied a couple of times to them.  Shame I didn?t do that for
myself!

This morning I woke up to a tender back, pinked face and cheeks?not just the ones on my face either.  Turns out I had flamb?ed me
arse whilst dozin? on that thar float.  Needless to say it has been a trial and real pain in the arse to even sit here to type this
message.  As I listen to my Eagles CD, ?Take it Easy? comes wafting to my consciousness and I have to laugh at the irony of it all.
Wished I was a Witchy Woman right now, I?d zap the tenderness of my nether regions to Hades.  LOL

Learn from my mistake folks, cover your arse!  LOL  Just kidding.  But, do be sure to wear some kind of sun protection whilst out
there in the woods.  And, have someone else to check you out throughout the day.  If you sweat or go for a cooling dip in the stream
make sure to reapply sunblock.  While you may feel fine today, the morning of the red lobster is not a joy to wish even on one?s
worst enemy.

Tenacious Tanasi

   (Shelly Hale)