Why Hike?? -- [Was: Re: [at-l] Watches on the Trail? And Nimblewill Nomad...

At 03:09 AM 8/11/2005 -0400, RnR wrote:

>How could anyone criticize this eloquent description of
>the Trail scene? Most of it is right and written in the spirit of the Trail.
>However, cloaked inside this nicely written piece there seems to be an
>attempt
>to single out "purity" as one form of the multiple approaches - and it is.
>However, the way I read it seems to sort of place this general HYOH Trail
>norm in
>front of the eccentricity of "purity" and there we go. In fact, I think the
>whole post was obviously written as an indirect attempt to denigrate more
>formal
>(or pure) approaches to the Trail - and I'm not afraid to point it out.

Ooooh, you're so brave. I swoon at your courage.

>I'd never attack Dave. I respect him and his
>Trail-involvement. But it's obvious this thread evolved from Rafe thinking
>of an excuse to
>get around the cell phone issue. He brought up watches as a diversion from
>what
>we were discussing.

Right.  It was a diversion.  I don't appreciate
it when Bush and his cronies divide the country
with religious wedge issues.  But that seems to be
precisely your role here on AT-L, for as long as
I can remember.

>You HYOH people really need to <blah blah blah>

rafe b
aka terrapin