[at-l] Watches on the Trail? And Nimblewill Nomad's Question

Well put, terrapin.

For the record, I have never said "My way, or the Highway."  Moreover, I have
said I carry a cell phone, primarily for my wife's comfort level.

That said, I still would prefer not to have one with me on a hike.

My reaction to cell phone is on two levels.  First, how carrying one makes me
feel on a leash, or tether.  Second, how other use them to intrudes into my
space, noise-wise.

In this later case there is an additional compare/contrast between some watch
users and some cell phone users, which comes to mind.  I have heard of folk's
reaction to watches that beep the hour, or half-hour, disturbing the silence
of the night.  Still others complaining about wake-up alarms.  However, in my
case that is not a problem, as my hearing loss in the frequency range used by
watches assures none will awake me. ;-)}

If a watch might be a deal-breaker for you, HYOH and more power to you.  I am
slow hiker, really SLOW.  Maybe I too should value the SLOW pace of life in
the woods to the point of leaving my watch behind, also.

Chainsaw