[at-l] Watches on the Trail? And Nimblewill Nomad's Question

At 09:40 PM 8/10/2005 -0400, Raphael Bustin wrote:
>for my values, a
>watch might be as much of a deal-breaker as the
>cell is for you.  Because I really, truly value the
>SLOW pace of life in the woods.
>
>To the extent that I'm looking at my watch, concerned
>about speed and time-to-destination, I haven't really
>disconnected, have I?

I'm one of the "be"-ers that Chainsaw mentioned. I guess that's why a thru
isn't all that important to me. I can get caught up in photographing (or
merely examining) things I see and time ceases to exist. Sometimes *I*
cease to exist and am totally lost in the moment. I've come to the
conclusion that I prefer not to have a goal of getting from A to B in X
time because it gets in the way of my hike or rather my 'being'. A watch is
handy however and I do wear one. A reality check is a good thing occasionally.