[at-l] Watches on the Trail?

"Mind the miles and the smiles will mind themselves."

You are ready to grok this, Shoezenclockster.

koantoe

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:07:55 -0400
From: Jan Leitschuh <janl2@mindspring.com>

I wrestled with Time the entire AT, and on the LT too, which is
kind of ironic. I haven't sorted that one out yet.

I mean, a large part of the thrill is unplugging from proscribed

routines and frameworks. Yet I always felt Time pressing at my
back. Despite much close examination, if I was honest with
myself, I saw it was a sense I could rarely shake. I also saw
how much it drove my daily actions and decision-making.
... an overall theme... there it was; the press of time. The
slave-driver inside my head. The watch was just the symbol of
that.
Shoester of the Clock