[at-l] Punk20

True enough, I've walked that section midweek with the hope that I didn't hear the race track but they rented it out to a bunch of guys in a porshe club to play on for the afternoon. So rather than eat lunch on the hanglider launch we just moseyed to a quieter place. Bummer but not a day killer.

I have been to dead shows (circa 70's)..and well..ummmm..not like a nascar event. Plenty of mellow friendly types but for different reasons ( I suspect).
John

Raphael Bustin <rafeb@speakeasy.net> wrote:
Felix wrote

>I, too, was very pleasantly surprised at the lack of unpleasant incident.
>And, there were LOTS (couple hundred thousand!!) of people there.

Sounds like a Grateful Dead concert, except
we haven't had any of those for ten years now.

(Jerry died August 9, 1995.)

Not to be a killjoy or anything, but I wonder
why AT hikers have to endure the noises of
a "mini-formula-1" track within earshot?

I'm referring to the one between Cornwall
Bridge and Falls Village in CT, just west or
north of the trail, iirc. Damn, talk about a
wilderness-killer.

Not one of the more majestic AT sections.

rafe b
aka terrapin