[at-l] The Most Fun you've had on the trail

I can't imagine trying to single out the one
most "fun" experience I've had on the trail.

What I know is that many of the memories
are still vivid -- particularly of the folks I was
with at the time, many of whom have long
since drifted out of my life.

A lot of the best times were on blue trails in
the Whites and the Adirondacks, and many
of these hikes rival the best of the AT.

Thanksgiving night, '89, three of us walked
from Pinkham to the Tuckermans Ravine
shelters, and spent the night.  It was a
beautiful, clear night.  The caretaker at
the shelter warned, "Y'all be careful, it's
going to be a cold one."  In fact it went down
to -10 degrees, but we survived, and had a
great hike up Lion's Head trail the next
morning.  Two photos from that hike here:

<http://www.terrapinphoto.com/Hiking0.html>

A month or so later that same group rented
one of the DOC cabins for an incredible New
Years eve holiday weekend.  About a mile
from the AT trailhead on Lyme-Dorchester Rd.

We had an old boom box powered by a car
battery, and played tapes of Monty Python skits.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

rafe b.
aka terrapin