[at-l] Insanity Check

I would agree that the fringe benefits are what makes it all worthwhile
- the grand vistas after a hard climb, the aromas of the forest after a
summer rain, the cell phone call in a crowded shelter (NO NO - just
kidding there!!).  But I'd have to say that many times, even the
backpacking itself was enjoyable - times where I would get into a rhythm
, and the backpack seemed to be part of me, not something I was
carrying.  It's those times where my mind could go wandering without
distraction.  I'd even enjoy the physical exertion of the hike.

Perhaps what had me so frustrated this last hike is never getting into
that rhythm .

Steve "No Chance"