[at-l] The Most Fun you've had on the trail

In a message dated 8/6/2005 1:07:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafeb@speakeasy.net writes:
What's the most fun you've
ever had on the trail?
The August day my oldest child summited Katahdin all by himself. We had hiked
up the Hunt Trail to the spring at the Abol junction, plan being we were
heading directly down the slide. As we were going through the gateway I had
decided I'd give him the option of going up to the summit sign alone. With a just a
few 'awesome's and an 'excellent!' or two he rigged a fannypack (taking all
the m&ms) and just about bounced away, skipping and jogging to the top. He came
back brilliant, with a permagrin, and wouldn't hush up all the back down.
That was as 'fun' as a day on the Trail ever gets.
Teej