[at-l] What'cha been up to?

Hiyas,
 Thanks very much for the 300 emails. And here I thought I'd have nuttin to
do after returning from the Bigelows.
 Highlights: Getting a hug from Alice the caretaker at Horns Pond for toting
up a bag of toss-in-the privy stuff that was down at the Trailhead under a
tarp. Hearing raves about Tom at the Stratton Motel. Counting toads. Watching the
fish jump at Horns. Waking to Veery and Wood Thrush song, napping to chicada
zinging, falling asleep to the wind in the treetops. Watching a Pine Marten
mark a mid-trail boulder. The North Horn, the best .2 blue blaze in Maine.
Meeting really nice people, like sobos Southpaw, Just Jim, and CheeseStick, and
injured in '04 HomeBoy who has healed up fine and was back heading North.
Watching two Peregrine Falcons do acrobatics between Avery and Bigelow, racing back
and forth above the col, chattering away at each other. Eating blueberries
while watching a moose watch me. Marveling at the MATC trailwork on the Horns Pond
and Firewarden's Trails. History-blazing on the old timey Safford Brook
trail. Canoeing a bit on the Chain of Ponds, hundreds of years after several
members of my family went North with Arnold in bateaux to Quebec, later hiking along
Flagstaff Lake where only one ancestor returned South from Canada.
 Amusing moment: hearing that the Plum Creek development of Moosehead might
hinge on the disposal of septic waste. There's poetry there. Somewhere.

Teej