[at-l] "Appalachian Impressions: Hiking the Appalachian Trail"video review

--- Leslie Booher <lbooher@pure.net> wrote:
> Yes, I, too, like "Walking with Freedom" better.  I love
> watching it.  anklebear

### Hmmmm, other reviews seem to agree:
(Stolen from Whiteblaze, via Google)
Tha Wookie writted:

Walking with Freedom was a great time. We sat around and smiled
and laughed and one of us even cried (but I won't say who).

Technically, the production was the best that I've seen on the
AT. The editing was very well done, and timed well with the
music. The music was incredible, where did you get all that
music, LK? Especially I liked hearing Zoe Speaks on there, a
great couple doing inspiring things in bluegrass. The entire DVD
had a wonderful flow, although I did notice a heavy emphasis on
the NE (but it did not detract). The only thing I would
recommend improving would be the intro-exit credits, if this
will be exposed to many people outside the hiking world, to
boltser the professionalism. LK has some great still shots in
the end between credits, but they go by really fast.

The content was amazing -especially the wildlife shots.

What I liked most about the DVD was the honesty of it all. I'm a
firm beliver that art is when someone speaks from the heart.
This means exposing the beauty and the ugliness. That is what LK
has done with this production. The result is something that
tells us who LK is. It makes no vain attempt to be objective or
to hide the unsightly under the rug.

Especially since I have have hiked with LK, I really appreciated
his accuracy in his portrayal of the total picture of the hike.
It helped me follow along emotionally, not just factually. I
mean, when they start talking about the end of the hike,
reaching Katahdin and so forth, I felt that blissful sadness
that comes with ending a long hike. By the time it was over, I
felt in a similar way that I did while I stood on that mountain.
I wasn't ready for it to end.

Thanks Lion King for a great production!
www.thawookie.com
"Our imagination makes us infinite" -John Muir