[at-l] Knowing that it's there.. and atml

[rafe:]
>>You know, I wish there were far fewer automobiles
>>on the roads today.  The consequences of auto
>>(and fossil-fuel) use are enormous, possibly
>>catastrophic on a global scale.  But since the
>>alternatives are few in the USA, I own a car and
>>drive to most places.

[Jim O:]
>Ain't gonna argue this with you here - it doesn't belong on this list.  If
>you want to tralk about it, get to me privately.

Doesn't belong on this list?  And cell phones do?
That's not logical, Captain.

Are you suggesting that cell phones are more
harmful to that "disconnectedness" thing than
traffic noises, highways, smog, busy road
crossings, smokestacks, etc. ?

No, I'm not going to talk with you about it any
more than that... publicly or privately.  I know where
you stand, and we will never even remotely agree.

rafe b
aka terrapin