[at-l] Knowing that it's there.. and atml

At 08:49 PM 8/7/2005 -0400, Jim Owen wrote:

>Uh uh - no way you're gonna pin that one on me.  Roxy may be headed that
>way - but I've said no such thing.  Nor do I believe it.  The ultimate
>doom of wilderness will come via the influx of illegals and immigrants
>from cultures that do not and have never valued it - and from the apathy
>of native born Americans who don't care.

LOL.  As if the American pioneers had pre-
emptively channeled John Muir and Aldo Leopold.
Bwaaahahahaha.

Your forefathers exterminated the buffalo, the
native humans, the wolves, bear, and any other
critter that they could render into money, or which
interfered in any way with their thorough, efficient
exploitation of the land.

They turned rivers into sewers and fouled the air
with millions of tons of exhaust.  Their landscape
is fouled with landfills, buried waste, and small
mountains made of tires and dead cars.

And yet, "illegals and immigrants" will be the cause
of our downfall, according to the sage, Bun-Bun.

Presumably it's these "illegals and immigrants"
who are happily blowing the tops off mountains
in West Virginia.  Coal mining for the 21st century,
check it out.

<http://www.appvoices.org/mtr/default.asp>

Bush and Cheney have fine, all-American pedigrees,
but they'd put up a pig farm in Yosemite in an
instant, if they could get away with it.

Jim, your remark really is insulting and ignorant.
I'm sorry, but there's no more polite way to put it.

rafe b.
aka terrapin