[at-l] The Most Fun you've had on the trail

> I also know that it's safer than hitchhiking.

I get tired of hearing this, same as you do about trains. I hitch-hike to
and from hikes all the time. People love to talk to hikers. Not to mention
the seeming fact that picking up a brain-damaged, middle-aged man on the
side of the road (seems as if it) makes them feel good about themselves.
I've gotten rides from everyone ranging from high-school kids to soccer moms
to 80-year-old men. It's a wonderful, non-threatening and non-frightening
experience.

YMMV,
HYOH,
No disrespect intended,