[at-l] New Thread---novels, books

Maybe you didn't know this, but there are 7 books in TCON. If you just take one of them, like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, then maybe it wouldn't be so heavy. LMAO! On a side-note (a side-note?!?! you say... on the AT-L?!?!?! Preposterous!) a friend of mine lost a sister to cancer last month and, when trying to think of what to say to console her, it came to me to suggest that she read A Grief Observed, also by C.S. Lewis. If anyone out there has ever lost anyone, and felt like you couldn't quite get back from the grief, I would suggest you read this book. It's basically a diary that Lewis kept after his beloved wife died. The first time I read it was when I was 12. I had just finished TNOC for the 100th time and wanted something else by Lewis. My father, and I have no idea what he was thinking, handed me a copy of A Grief Observed. I didn't really get it then, although I did read it and thought it was very interesting. I didn't read it again, or completely understand it
 really, until 15 years later when my brother John died. It is worth reading even if you've never lost a loved one, but if you have I would call it needed reading.

               Robert(infin)

Carol Donaldson <carol1944@brmemc.net> wrote:
Pilgrims Progress because Chronicles of Narnia, even in paperback, is too heavy. It's a book you can read over and over again.

Coosa