[at-l] A Clear Choice for RnR

At 02:49 PM 8/6/2005 -0400, RnR wrote:

>              ***   Again, these are seriously baited questions with less
> than
>full respect for the Trail. You want to pose me as the mean home-wrecker.
>This is why I mention that the outside view of the AT is so important. Those
>worried relatives should realize what the Trail is and not make demands on
>it that
>damage its being. God forbid anyone would ever collectively work towards the
>Trail's wilderness goal.

No, I simply want to pose you as someone
with a need to feel morally superior to every
other hiker who ever set foot on the AT.  Not
that this isn't abundantly obvious already.

These aren't baited questions, RnR.  You set
yourself up for them.  They follow from your
own logic, or lack thereof.

Rather than accept that a cell phone solves
a problem that's affected hikers from day one...
your attitude is that we should forego any
such solution and tough it out.  Those left
at home mustn't worry, mustn't make demands.

You offer no solutions, just preaching and
moralizing.  You want a trail walked only by
the purest of souls.  I'm confident (and
relieved) that your dream will never come true.

rafe b
aka terrapin