[at-l] The Most Fun you've had on the trail

Addis Gap years ago.  The shelter was filthy, so we camped out from it, sort of in front.  My hiking partner was taking a shower, had her water carrier hooked up in a skinny tree.  My daughter and I were lying on the ground cloth trying to get up enough energy to set up the tent.  On a FS road part-way up the mountain, something we had no idea was there because we couldn't see it from our position, there comes a school bus carrying a load of camp kids that we'd been seeing on the trail for a couple of days.  They're all hanging out the windows hollering at us, "Bye, have a good hike.  Bye!!!"  My hiking partner was screaming for us to bring her something to cover up with, but Melissa and I were laughing too hard to get up.  My husband calls this one of our White-Tailed Dear Stories.

anklebear