[at-l] Reply for Mr Jessop, since he so nicely put his comments OnList WAS New AT speed record... today?!

May I please ask the esteemed members of AT-L and a few of you who may not be esteemed, to either delete or read as if you're over hearing a conversation in the next booth at a fancy restaurant, like Burger King.  Thank you, veddy mush.

To David Jessop ON LIST because I've already written to him OFF LIST which is where HIS COMMENTS could have been directed, but he wanted the throng of AT-L to read his posturing comments.
He WROTE:
" Your comments offend me and I find them obnoxious and frankly, as far as I am concerned, you have no
right to judge another hiker for his style."

And I say:  GOOD for me.  I made a COMMENT, Sugar, I did not JUDGE the man his hike.  Did I email you personally after reading your TJ and say anything negative?  NO, and if I read his Trail Dog's journal, maybe I would better understand what drives a man to try to beat a record by minutes and hours.   Does he have a medical condition which might hinder him from hiking later in life?  Is he a type-A personality which is prone to heart attacks at an early age?  I don't know, so I do not understand what drives a man to race through life.   Okay, so I'm a tad ignorant.  Summa Cum Laude, but who's counting.

You didn't stay in many of the hostels with many of the Thrus as many of those who make it past Harpers Ferry do.  Why was that?  Money?  Time?  Anti-Social behavior?  I didn't judge you for it.  I thought it unusual, but then back in the 70's a young man made a Thru and spent exactly $600 out of pocket while hiking, including his bus ticket back to Atlanta.  To him I said WOW and he said "no more than long enough to do laundry and pick up mail in any trail town."  I had INSIGHT as to why he only spent $600 and I admire him for it.

Mr Jessop wrote:
"What year did you thru-hike the AT by the way? Who the hell are you to
judge another thru-hiker for his hiking style. I got so sick of people
like you on the trail judging me for hiking differently than me but
fortunately, most of them got off well before even Harper's Ferry."

Two Thousand Eight, Honey, and I'm starting from Harpers Ferry to do a NoBo, coming back to HF via Amtrack and doing a SoBo.  Start date June 1, end date before Christmas.  So I'll make it past HF thank you very much.

Mr Jessop wrote:
Carol, most of that stuff comes from FEAR. Own your fear, Carol - take
responsibility for it. A thru-hike is scary, takes us out of our
comfort zone, and...can we do it? I wasn't sure...I felt AFRAID that I
might not make it. I faced my fear every day on the trail, even as I
was climbing Katahdin on July 27th, 2005.

Okay, Precious, you've proved you're YOUNG and haven't experienced as much of life as someone, say 60 years old.  I have already faced the majority of fears that might come my way.  I have no doubt that I'll make it all the way to both terminii.  I do not fear any animal, two or four legged, and I think my Martial Arts skills will be quite proficient by 2008 to prove it, if it comes to that.

Oh, and by the way, Mr Jessop, it's Miss Coosa Carol Donaldson to you.  In fact, just make it Miss Donaldson.

Wandering Bull sees Red, attacks old lady, but miraculously, Bull not severely injured.

Coosa
Carol Donaldson
http://auntiecoosa.blogspot.com
In the ancient Aramaic and Syriac the word for "raisins" or "raisins of startling white clarity" can be erroneously translated as "fair skinned maidens."