[at-l] Trail Gluttons Unite!

I can't stop reading my journal! Dammit! There's WORK to do today!
;-)

Here was a little vignette from this day 2 years ago in Hanover, a
little slice 'o life from the Trail:

"Well, shoot, while I am in this food co-op, I ought to use one of the
TWO coupons my buddy eArThworm has sent to me - for a FREE pint of Ben
and Jerry's ice cream. (How does she find these?) I select Toffee Bar
Crunch, and bury the pint deep within my pack. I may have also figured
"what the hell!," and tucked a few extra crusty rolls, pastries and
cheeses into my already-overburdened knapsack.

Thus culinarily encumbered, I set off in the stifling heat and
humidity, UPHILL out of town, as always, laboring under a full feed bag.
Funny how in town, how easy it is to say "oh, one more fresh-baked
scone please, one more wheel of cheese, one can of soda, how heavy can
that be? I'll just GUT it out, it will be worth it..." and then comes
The Reality, chuffing mightily, sweatily, heroically up an ENORMOUS
HILL with ungodly weights strapped to your person, self-flagellating
with thoughts like "WHAT in the WORLD were you THINKING, woman!?"

But, as it wasn't Laughing Cow, the cheese WAS worth it.

--
     	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/