[at-l] Reality Check

Have to unlurk for a monent.  All of this talk about the trail is
driving me absolutly crazy.  What drugs are you guys on?  The
trail that you are talking about and the trail that I hike are two
completely different trails!!  Instead of bitching and being couch
potatoes maybe you should hit the trail yourself.  I would
suggest PA.  Yes we have a lot of rocks, little water, a lot of
humidity and heat, but we also have:

1.  24/7 noise from I-78 and I-81
2.  A-10 Wart Hogs and Huey Assult helicopters flying overhead
in the Saint Anthony's "wilderness').
3.  Enought pollution and haze to cut down the visibility to
almost nill.
4.  Every overlook has a beautiful view of I-78, I-81 or
Cabella's in Hamburg.  Oh and don't forget the wonderful view
of the I-80 bridge at Delaware Water Gap.
5.  A lot of the trail runs through state gamelands so you get to
see a lot of men with big guns wearing Camo.
6.  Most of the shelters that are near the road are full of young
men partying every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The worst
shelter Kirkridge Shelter (Which is frequently visited by the
state Highway Patrol).
7.  On a nice day between April and October there can be up to
300 people at the pinacle and over a 1000 people at the
Delaware Water Gap.  Other popular sites are Pole Steeple in
Pine Grove Furnace,  The Climb out of Hamburg, and the City
Park in Boiling Springs.

Haven't hiked Maine, but I have done some of NH and there are
even more people on the trail than in PA.  The only difference
that I can see is that there is less air pollution and more Moose
in NH.

>From the way you guys yammer one would think that you are
talking about hiking in Northern Canada or Alaska.  Give it a
break.  Everyone is allowed their opinion and I respect all of
your opinions, but I am not going to change mine about cell
phones or anyother topic. Likewise I ain't going to let your
opinions ruin my hike.

Bob Dudley
AKA Grey Owl

PS:

Don't respond to the lsit, there is enough garbagfe on it now
(probably including this post)
Don't respond offlist if you disagree with me.  I don't care.
Don't respond offlist if you agree with me I don't care.
Post to the list if you have found nifty gear, or you have a hike
report, or a  funny tale story to share with use.