[at-l] Cell phones VS Nature - An attempt to clarify - LONG

In a message dated 8/1/2005 6:20:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

> Most backcountry Rangers, including all those at Baxter Park, carry two way
>
> communiction devices. Doesn't bother me at all, doesn't ruin the 'quality'
> of
> my bushwack to Fort Mountain, and I've never lost a moment's sleep worrying
> that Gov. Baxter's wilderness gift is being ruined by Rangers.
> Only on the Internet will you find hysterical week-long hair-pulling rants
> by the emotionally fragile about how something another person might possess
> is
> going to ruin their hike.

On the other hand, cellphones and radios are banned in Baxter. I'm sure they
have a reason for that other than being emotionally fragile.  It wouldn't
bother me at all if the same were banned on all trails.  People would cope just
like they did years ago.

Sly