[at-l] Cell phones VS Nature - An attempt to clarify - LONG

> Oh yeah - and then there's ORR - who's taking a satphone and GPS with him.
> wonder how many here  have any idea how GOOD an idea that is - for the
place
> he's going?  I'm pretty sure Shane knows about that.  But he probably also
> knows that it's not as necessary as some people think.

I'd rather have a gun and extra ammo than a sat phone in that
situation...but that opens a whole other can of werms...  Navigation on that
scale doesn't require a GPS, and extra batteries are hard to come by.  Never
trust anything electronic in the woods...

Shane