[at-l] Appalachian Trail success!

David Jessop wrote:
>I am writing to share the proud news that I summited Mount Katahdin on
>July 27th, completing my thru-hike (end-to-end walk) of the 2,175-mile
>Appalachian Trail.

Congratulations and welcome back ? we?ve been wondering how you were doing.

>My hike was the adventure of a lifetime, a trip that I will reflect on
>as an older man with pride and joy. The probability low and the
>challenge great, I was never sure I would actually complete the
>journey until I actually arrived at the summit of Katahdin and touched
>the famous sign marking the finish.

No one can ever be 100% sure that they?ll finish ? and too many don?t.  I?m
glad you were one of those who did.  But I want to see how long it takes you
to start missing what you?ve done ? and wondering about what the PCT would
be like.  <G>

>My hike was one of the most challenging feats in my entire life ?
>physically, mentally, and spiritually.

It?s all of that for most of us.  Welcome to the zoo.  <VBG>

>I have been keeping an online journal throughout the course of my
>thru-hikes of the Appalachian and Florida Trails.

I?ll be checking it out later.  Thank you for the links.

Walk softly,
Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/