[at-l] THE Bear solution....

OK, I've heard all of the various bear advice from you guys-- from common sense, to proper bear bagging/hanging techniques, to
making loud noises such as singing at the top of one's lungs, to spray, to bells..et al.

BUT.I have found MY solution.  Yes siree, Bob.  Just take a gander in the September edition of Backpacker Mag.  Right there on page
22 at the bottom of the section of the Trail Log...

Bear Shock!!!  Wahoooo!!!

The write up states.."There are those among us who simply can't rest easy in bear country, no matter how artfully hung the food bag.
Thus, UDAP Industries has recently released a packable electric fence that delivers to wayward bruins a highly unappetizing 6,000
volts.  With two D batteries, Bear Shock weighs only 3 pounds, 7 ounces and encloses a 30-by-30-foot area.  Not recommended for
sleepwalkers.  www.udap.com <http://www.udap.com/> "

Yeah, Baaybeeey!!!  I'll just leave my tent, sleeping bag and some food out of my pack and take this instead!!! LMAO

Tenacious Tanasi

   (Shelly Hale)