[at-l] Re: On topic if you carry a cell on the trail... OT iyou don't

In a message dated 7/31/2005 4:34:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
*
*
*
HYOH assumes that each individual must make his/her own choices based on
his/her own needs and objectives for the hike. The giver of advice is not
in a position to judge the quality of experience of others.
*
*
*

          This strikes me as overly general and moving further and further
(if not completely ignoring) the already elaborated points.

              I think we've shown that some people mistake the purpose of the
AT as being "HYOH". Funny, I've looked into AT history and writings and
haven't found that anywhere. I have, however, found much of what I was talking
about. Is it ATML people don't like or is it something else? Like maybe the AT?

*