[at-l] Politcal Action [was Disconnected and Connected and URLs]

At 12:13 PM 7/31/2005 -0400, Carol Donaldson wrote:
>I've read that emails are deleted before being read.  You can no longer
>email to president-at-whitehouse-dot-gov.  You must now use
>comments@whitehouse.gov and have the subject line reveal your topic for
>the email.  It's probably better now to WRITE The White House  1600
>Pennsylvania Avenue NW  Washington, DC 20500.  FAX: 202-456-2461.  The AT
>Community is encouraged to WRITE or FAX their input.  And do not
>copy-paste pre-written letters.  Make yours original as it holds more
>weight if each person you write receives a similar, yet distinctly
>different, letter.
>
>Sometimes SNAIL MAIL is better when contacting those who represent us in
>our State and Federal Government.  (Plus it helps the USPS.  ;^P)

FWIW In the past some administrations allegedly have resorted to sorting
pro/con letters into separate containers and weighing each on a scale. I
don't know if the current administration does that but to give the maximum
'weight' to your letter write your original comments on the heaviest weight
paper you have or can find.