[at-l] Cell phones VS Nature - An attempt to clarify - LONG

EXCUSE ME, RNR - THIS ISN'T MY QUOTE.

RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 7/30/2005 11:33:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
athiker89@yahoo.com writes:
*
*
*
To bring it back to cell phones, I don't like phones much, whether attached
to a wire or not, but I carry a cell phone sometimes when I hike. I do so
for for my wife's benefit and whether or not Jim O cares to believe it, it
does *NOT* affect my hike. And apparently Jim O who has quoted Chainsaw in
support of his position missed the last part of that post which I will
quote here:

My advice: If you feel that it would be an intrusion on your experience,
leave the cell phone at home but be aware that the intrusion is a function
of your mind, not the phone.
*
*
*

This, of course, all being determined mainly by omitting any
mention of the AT as a designed place for disconnection. The word "disconnection" is
even literally spelled out in the ATC guidelines.

It's ironic that nothing will get you roughed up more by the Trail
Community than standing up for the Trail itself.

*