[at-l] RE: Deterioration of the hike

--- Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>   And those who "carry" are very often
> missing an astonishing array
> of experiences - less wildlife, fewer memories of
> sunshine and flowers, more
> sections that they don't remember as well, less
> enthusiasm.  On the CDT,
> those who carry a GPS even get lost more often than
> those who don't.

That is the most propsterous thing I've ever heard!!!
I assure you that just because I "carry" doesn't mean
I miss anything on the trail.  That just doesn't make
sense!!!   What does having a cell phone at the bottom
of my backpack got to do with what I experience?
Your're argument doesn't hold water with me and I
darsay would it with any rational human being.

Sparrow