[at-l] HYOH was On topic if you carry a cell on the trail...

Jim wrote (of the Spirit Eagle variety): I remember one time telling a preachers wife that growth comes only through conflict.    Her reaction was -- horror and disbelief.

Hey, Booher, this wasn't you was it?  LOLOL '^P
I know it was not I (from age 20 to 28).  Got any more preachers or preacher's wives on the list?

I agree with Spirit Eagle aka Jim of the Walk Softly mantra, that cell phones are a chain.

Wednesday, the father of a co-worker who's hiking Springer to Fontana, called him from the top of Blood Mountain asking him to pick him up at Neel Gap.  The co-worker arrived early and expectantly waited to see his father come down the trail.  He waited a while and then there was a hobo looking vagabond walking down the Trail with two sticks of different lengths, one in each hand.  That could NOT be his father, he thought.  He looked more closely as the man's features and odor became evident and doggone, it was his very own father; it wasn't some stinky, smelly dumpster diver after all.   He placed his odiferous father in his fairly new and very clean vehicle and drove him home for a shower, shave, meal and bed.    Then Thursday, he dropped off his recognizable father at Neel Gap to continue his hike.

My point here is that this hiker considered his cell phone as a piece of his backpacking equipment.  And that's what HYOH means to me.

Will I carry a cell phone on my Thru(s).  You betcha.  My two children, their spouses and my five  grandchildren all agree and insist that I carry one.  It'll be in a waterproof pouch, nestled somewhere in my pack and used to check in with the kids at pre-arranged times.  If you're on the Trail with me, will you know I have the cell phone?  Only if your memory is good enough to remember my posts on AT-L.

Coosa
http://auntiecoosa.blogspot.com
In the ancient Aramaic and Syriac the word for "raisins" or "raisins of startling white clarity" can be erroneously translated as "fair skinned maidens."