[at-l] On topic if you carry a cell on the trail... OT if you dont... Imp...

In a message dated 7/28/2005 7:32:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
taurodea@gmail.com writes:

> What's wrong with cell phones? Am I missing something? Is there a lot
> of disdain for them on the list?

Personally I've gone from not really caring to hating them, more so in
everyday life, than on the trail.  It started with never really living on the trail
to a constant connection in real life.  People walk around my work like
robots, always chatting, always getting calls, always checking messages, never
really concerned with the person in front of them.  Look around you'll see what I
mean.

I could go on, but I'm packing for a few days in the woods...

Sly