Subject: Re: [at-l] The Other MacKaye Vision

How did this jackass get voted into office twice. There must be a lot of
folks who like the raping of America.
Remember though: 90% of the world agrees with 49% of Americans that he "is"
a jackass. And I thought the jackass icon represented the democrats.

>From Amazon:
Book Description
In this powerful and far-reaching indictment of George W. Bush's White
House,
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the country's most prominent environmental attorney,
charges that this administration has taken corporate cronyism to such
unprecedented heights that it now threatens our health, our national
security, and
democracy as we know it. In a headlong pursuit of private profit and
personal
power, Kennedy writes, George Bush and his administration have eviscerated
the
laws that have protected our nation's air, water, public lands, and wildlife
for
the past thirty years, enriching the president's political contributors
while
lowering the quality of life for the rest of us.
Kennedy lifts the veil on how the administration has orchestrated these
rollbacks almost entirely outside of public scrutiny -- and in tandem with
the very
industries that our laws are meant to regulate, the country's most notorious
polluters. He writes of how it has deceived the public by manipulating and
suppressing scientific data, intimidated enforcement officials and other
civil
servants, and masked its agenda with Orwellian doublespeak. He reports on
how
the White House doles out lavish subsidies and tax breaks to the energy
barons
while excusing industry from providing adequate security at the more than
15,000 chemical and nuclear facilities that are prime targets for terrorist
attacks. Kennedy reveals an administration whose policies have "squandered
our
Treasury, entangled us in foreign wars, diminished our international
prestige, made
us a target for terrorist attacks, and increased our reliance on petty
Middle
Eastern dictators who despise democracy and are hated by their own people."
Crimes Against Nature is ultimately about the corrosive effect of corporate
corruption on our core American values -- free-market capitalism and
democracy.
It is about an administration, the author argues, that has sacrificed
respect
for the law, public health, scientific integrity, and long-term economic
vitality on the altar of corporate greed. It is a book for both Democrats
and
Republicans, people like the traditionally conservative farmers and
fishermen
Kennedy represents in lawsuits against polluters. "Without exception," he
writes,
"these people see the current administration as the greatest threat not just
to their livelihoods but to their values, their sense of community, and
their
idea of what it means to be American."