[at-l] The Other MacKaye Vision

At 10:58 PM 7/22/2005 +0000, Camo wrote:

>Very practical, advocating sustainable forestry, but the most rabid (and
>least practical) of the "tree huggers" would be appalled at such a
>suggestion...can someone say "Healthy Forests Initiative"?
>(http://www.fs.fed.us/projects/hfi/)

The so-called Healthy Forests Initiative is no such
thing.  It's the typical Orwellian double-talk (aka, lies)
that we get from the right wingers that currently
run the Federal government.

Funny, but some "old-time" Republicans actually
gave half a damn about the environment.  A certain
Teddy Roosevelt comes to mind.  Hell, Barry
Goldwater would probably have been appalled
at the current assault on our public lands.

rafe b
aka terrapin